Sunday, October 26, 2008

Joy

It was a HARD week, seriously! Work was overwhelming, school was busy, we’re talking multiple nights at the library past midnight, and nothing compares to the heartache we are feeling for our friends that suffered a devastating loss. So we’re supposed to find joy in the journey which can sometimes be a daunting task. One day last week I was so upset (about all of the above) and I called Brandon and left him a VM. He wasn’t supposed to be home for hours, but he came home early, burst though the door and said he was home to “rescue me”. A few other things that have brought me joy this week:

More great, strolling up and down every isle, grocery store finds!

Marzetti's has a new Cream Cheese Fruit Dip in individual 100 Calorie containers. Makes a great snack with a sliced up apple!

Welches has new 10 Calorie individual bottles of juice, super good when I’ve had one too many Diet Cokes!

(Neither of these pictures are what I was looking for, but they'll do.)

MSU was victorious over Michigan in the big house, the first time since 1990. Hoyer was 17-of-29 for 282 yards and a season-high three touchdowns. I think my letter motivated him. Thanks to Ken for hosting (and for feeding us). A little trivia for you MSU fans, we currently hold all 4 rivalry trophies, until the Penn State game of course!

They are once again ranked number 22 in the nation. Go Green!

And last but certainly not least, business is booming so my dad called and said he is flying me home so I can be at the office to get everything situated with our new accounts. I though it was going to be Thanksgiving before I got to go home, so I’m thrilled and I can’t wait to see my family, eat Port of Subs, and I know Brandon is secretly excited to be able to stay late at school without feeling guilty.

14 comments:

Bre said...

Hi Pretty! I'm SO sorry you had a bad week. When are you coming home? YAY!! I wanna see you if you have any time. Hope this week is better. XOXO!!

youngwomen said...

We are so excited to see you!

The Draper's said...

yeah! when do you come home?

Brandon, Mandy and Benson said...

Bre and Em- I;m coming home this Sunday for two weeks...yay! Bre- we are for sure doing lunch or dinner or whatever your crazy schedule allows and Em, I want to come see your new work, that sounds so fun!

Holly said...

I'm so jealous you get to go home. Have fun! Stop by Sephora and Port of Subs and say hi for me.

Bre said...

YAY!!! Call me when you get here :) You should just stop by my school one night or we can meet for lunch during the week! Two weeks...that's so cool :)

Mark & Bek said...

I hate poop weeks. Thank heavens for husbands and exciting new groceries.

familyof4 said...

Sorry to hear about your week. Brandon is a stud for saving the day! Just like what Bekah said..i hate poop weeks! =) If you have time we should have lunch at port of subs! The girls and I LOVE that place!

I'm SO very sorry about your friends loss (tammy told about it sunday). I blog hopped until I found them from your links. She was beautiful.

Brittney Wimmer said...

I've been terribel at commenting lately but I want you to know that I LOVE your blog! I'm always reading it and getting a kick out of your posts. I am so sorry about the rough week though. It seems like no matter what you do it can get the better of us sometimes. I hope things are looking up. I miss you guys so much! Hope all is well!

Sid and Michelle said...

Mandy!!! Hello!! I am so glad I was blog hopping and I ran into your blog. My mom always fills me in with any news about everyone in our old ward, but now I can just read about it!!! I am glad everything is going well with you. You sound just like the Mandy I remember!!!

The Sorensens said...

So glad Brandon is trying to take care of you despite his busy schedule...and Hurray for trips home!!!

Becky said...

Home sweet Home! There is nothing like it! I know your family will be so glad to see you. How long will you be here?

Julina said...

I found you! How's it going?!

Brandon, Mandy and Benson said...

Bre- I texed you, holla at me.
Kara- I can't wait to see the girls. I'll email you.
Britt- Miss you too- congrats again!
Julina- Hi!! I'm linking you up!
Aunt Becky- I'll be here 2 weeks, I think we're going to lunch on Saturday. can't wait!