Monday, October 13, 2008

I've Been Tagged (Holy Cow, Again)

The rules of the tag are as follows:

1. Link the person who tagged you. (Thanks Em!)
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let the person know you tagged them on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when you've posted.

Random fact #1- I love to buy new cleaning products and try them out. If I see a commercial for something, you can bet that next time I’m at Target I’m going to pick it up. Most recently I purchased new Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel Discs. So far, I’m thrilled with my purchase. Here is part of my current collection:

Random fact #2- I don’t like buying clothes on sale. Usually the sale items are in the back of the store, a huge mess and you have to search for your size. Usually I feel like I’m just buying the thing because it’s on sale, not because I love it. I should probably get over this since my husband is quickly accumulating law school loans. However, this does not apply to mark downs. For example, there was a sweater at GAP I loved. I didn’t buy it right away and next time I went in it was hanging in the exact same place with a sticker over the original price that was $15.00 cheaper.

Random fact #3- Whenever Brandon and I are talking about our future children I use the words, she and her, because I know we’ll have girl. I’m so convinced, when me and my sisters picked baby clothes our Grandma knitted for our future children, I subconsciously only picked out girl stuff. On top of that, there’s the Christensen Family Curse. Brandon’s Grandpa Christensen has 6 daughters, and all of Brandon’s male cousins (that were born into the family, not married in) have had girls: Nate- 2 girls, Justin- 2 girls, Chris- 2 girls, Ryan- 1 girl, Trenton- 1 girl, and Devon- 1 girl. Count ‘em, 9 girls.

Random fact #4- Brandon and I started dating when I was still in high school! (He loves it when I tell this). We both went to Green Valley when he was a senior and I was a freshman. We actually didn’t meet until after his mission when I was doing independent study my senior year and attending the University Ward. My good friend April that I cheered with at Green Valley introduced us at the University Ward FHE. He was even at my High School graduation.

Random fact #5- I’m a huge fan of small food. Appetizers. Tapas, mini desserts- love them! There’s an excellent Tapas restaurant in Las Vegas, if you’re a fan as well you should check it out. I don’t love comfort food- meat loaf, chicken pot pie, stew, you get the idea.

Random fact #6- This stint in MI is the longest I have ever gone without seeing my family. That includes when I was at school in Provo. When we finally get to go home right before Thanksgiving it will have been 108 days! There is definitely more here to distract me than I thought there would be which has made it easier, but going so long without seeing them has been harder than I thought it would be.

I tag Holly and Katee and 4 others that are dying to participate.

4 comments:

Sarah Goodsell said...

Your great to do all the tags! It sounds like your doing well being so far from home and that's great! I know you'd rather be here but I'm glad your doing so well:)

Bre said...

Amanda Wallace I love you!! lol I also love buying cleaning products. I get so excited. I think it's b/c we're clean freaks?! What do you think? I love that pic of "yo B" and his 2 best girls. I look way gross but...whatever. I'm glad you're having a girl b/c I am too!!! I have to! lol We have to try this place when you come in town Steeles. It's right across from Cafe Rio. Kinda pricey but...really good tapas. Love them too!!

Bre said...

Opps I so meant to write Amanda Wood. HAHAHAHA That's cracking me up. That was so weird of me. I think it's because I saw your cheer pic it made me think Wallace. lol I'm a weirdie.

familyof4 said...

I love reading your posts they are always fun to read. I'm also glad you started a blog so we can keep in touch. And I love cleaning products too!