Friday, October 10, 2008

A Few Thoughts for Your Friday

I don’t think people should wear scarves with short sleeves. What, your neck is cold but your arms aren't? Doubt it.

McDonald’s Monopoly is back! Quick story… McDonald’s has the BEST Diet Coke. One day a few years ago I went through the drive-thru and got one and it had Monopoly pieces on it. I went back to my office and decided to play the online game. I rolled the dice, landed on free parking and won a brand new 20GB IPod Classic. I know, so exciting. I have yet to repeat my winnings, but every year I get a few Diet Cokes, play the online game and try to win.

Lately I’ve been a crafty lady (that’s was I call creative people). I’m attempting to make my own version of the Pottery Barn message center. It requires assistance from my missing husband, so it may take longer than I’d like to complete. This is what I’ve done so far… a photo of the final product will hopefully be posted in the near future.

The other day when Brandon and I were grocery shopping we saw these crazy looking aluminum bottles. Come to find out, “Pepsi began U.S. distribution of aluminum bottles of Mountain Dew with a series of 12 limited-run designs created by young artists and personalities called Mountain Dew Green Label.” If you like Mountain Dew it can serve a dual purpose as art, how
convenient.

7 comments:

Sarah Goodsell said...

I LOVE scarves and Trevor always makes fun of me when I would wear them so I've stopped. He always tells me we live in vegas I don't need one! I should show him this picture and maybe he would be gratful I don't do that. I'm not a fan either. I had another friend make that pottery barn board and she loves it and it was much cheaper! I'm not crafty and I wish I was! Good luck!

Holly said...

I love the boards. Will you make me one? I also don't get the scarf/short sleeve thing. But I'm all about the scarves this season in general. Great accessories!

Rylie said...

You are the only person I have ever heard of actually winning something from the McDonald's Monopoly! I think I should start playing! Those boards look great, what a fun idea. We need to play soon!!

The Draper's said...

So i was at in n out last night and I saw a girl inside from the drive through and she was wearing the cutest scarf with a short sleeve shirt! I thought of you!

You've been tagged, go to my page to get the information you need!

Becky said...

I love love love the message center you are making! The bottles rock too!

Anonymous said...

I agree Mandy. Scarves are fine if it's cold outside but kind of weird with short sleeves. That's fashion for ya! Ha.

Mark & Bek said...

So, here is the thing with scarves and short sleeves. I live in Southern California, where it rarely is cool enough to even need long sleeves, BUT I have so many cute scarved I'm dying to wear. I see your point, but sometimes you just want to pull one of those scarves out.