Wednesday, February 3, 2010

In love...

Benson Christensen Wood
January 30, 2010
7:24 pm
5 pounds 7 oz 19 inches

Love at first sight



Our Family

SO stinkin' cute!

Just a little guy!





Jamie and Benson

Emily and Benson

The smallest outfit we had...not quite small enough!

Benson and Grammy



First sponge bath

First pediatrician appointment


Benson surprised us and arrived 2 weeks early! Yay!

Ready for the birth story? Here it is... Friday night we went to dinner with some our besties to Red Robin. I was having some pretty painful contractions in my back, but totally thought it was more Braxton Hicks. I had gone to the doctor on Wednesday and was told I wasn't dilated at all. We got home and the contractions kept on coming. They were 20 minutes apart, then 15, and when we finally went to bed at 1:00. I was pretty much up all night, labor is pretty painful stuff! In the morning they were 5 minutes apart. I was SO worried about going to the hospital and being sent home. When I would have a contraction and would be in so much pain; I was ready to go to the hospital right then. When it was over I would change my mind. Finally around noon we decided to go. When we got to the hospital around 12:30 I was dilated to a 4. Within a couple hours they finished my blood work, hooked up an IV and gave me the best thing that ever happened...an epidural. Love me some epidural. I watched a little TV, hung out with Brandon, took a nap, facebooked. I have to give a shout out to Dr. Maser- love him. He hung out all day, he doesn't force pitocin, doesn't try to make you push before your ready, and is super patient. I was ready to push around 7:00 pm and everyone got set up, I pushed for about 10 minutes and our little angel face was born! He is perfect!

So far things have been mostly amazing. My mom came on Sunday and has been incredible. I really would not have survived these first few days without her. Brandon is the BEST daddy, I knew he would be a natural, but seriously. He has taken such good care of me and Benson. We've been visited, fed dinner and treats, came home to flowers and balloons, given preemie clothes for our little munchkin...I'm telling you, the works. Our friends are a blessing, we love them, ya'll know who you are.

The not amazing part is that Benson does not want to breastfeed, I'm determined to breastfeed. He is so, so tiny so the problems we're having are normal, but completely frustrating. So say a little prayer for us about that. I've never seen a tinier baby. We are so happy, he is absolutely precious.

25 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh how I love baby Benson! I want to come see him SO bad. Maybe tomorrow. I just want to make sure the sicknesses have escaped our household. I will definitely pray for baby B to start eating. Poor little guy ;(

Rylie said...

Oh my goodness! Benson is so precious! We are so happy for you guys!! Mandy you look amazing for just having a baby!! We hope he starts eating for you soon!

Alexis said...

Congratulations! Are you guys back in MI yet?? I can't wait to see the tiny little guy in person. I hope he starts nursing soon... that would be a frustrating thing to have to figure out.

Tammy said...

Can't wait to be there and hold Benson. I'm touched and excited that he will have my maiden name as a middle name :). Love you all! Mom (and Grandma) Wood

Jody said...

Congrats, again! Hang in there with the breastfeeding. It can be tough and frustrating at first, but it's so worth it when it works out. Good luck!

familyof4 said...

I still can't believe he's so tiny and smaller then Taylor! But, he's Adorable and we can't wait to meet him. Glad you had a smooth delivery!

Hang in there with breastfeeding. He will get the hang of it soon enough!

Love ya!

Aubreydoll said...

Congratulations! I can't believe how tiny he is! Such a cutie, I bet you guys can't get enough of him!

lauren said...

oh, that is so exciting!! we can't wait to meet him. sorry i don't have any amazing advice...as i have no experience, but i'm sure you're already a pro mom!

Sarah Goodsell said...

Congrats!!!! He is SO cute:) I can't wait to meet him:) Also how lucky are you to be 2 weeks early and yes epidurals are the best thing EVER!!!! So glad everything went well and you both are healthy:) Good luck with the nursing thing I know how stressful it is when they don't cooperate:) You'll be great parents!!!!

Katie said...

Yea! So happy for you two. He is so cute!! Let me know when I can come and see him & bring dinner!!

Alexis was that size exactly & my saving grace were gymmies- Gymboree's pajamas in the preemie size. They are great because they're super slim fit. They are the only thing that fit her for the first three or four weeks!

Brittany said...

So sweet and perfect! I'm so happy he's here and everything went so well!! I hope the nursing gets better, I'm sure it will!

Becky Chatwin said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I am all for epidurals too, they are a pregnant woman's best friend! He is so cute, I am very happy for you!

Loralee said...

He is so, so darling. We're so happy for you guys. Congrats!

Kacy said...

He is SO ADORABLE!! I bet you just stare at his face all day!!! I hope you are recovering well. It sounds like your doctor was awesome. I'm so happy that the birth went well. I hope the nursing will work out for you. Again congrats to you and Brandon, he is just precious!

Taralee said...

Wow! Congratulations!!!! He is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. I seriously LOVE little babies and that's wonderful that things are going so well. I'll definitely be praying for you and the nursing thing. I feel the same way so about it so I bet it would be hard for you. Good luck!!!!

Charity said...

I'm so happy for you guys. Congradulations! Your little guy is absolutely beautiful. Kids are the best.

JGEM said...

Such a precious baby. Congratulations!

Andy & Ashlee said...

Ohh, congratulations! What an adorable little addition to your family. I love the name Benson. Best of luck with the breastfeeding.

Alison Carter said...

Congrats! What a cutie. That's so nice that everything went so smoothly for you and the baby. We are so happy for you guys!

Rachel said...

YAY! He is here! And absolutely perfect! I hope I can hold him soon. I am so happy that everything went so well for you. That is amazing!

Wendy said...

Congratulations Brandon & Amanda, Benson is a perfect little beautiful baby. Baby boys are so much fun : )

xo wendy reni

Sid and Michelle said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you guys. He is such a cutie!!! Good luck with everything and I will be thinking about you!!!

Brittney Wimmer said...

Congratulations you guys! So glad everything went well and he's finally arrived! He's going to be so loved! You're going to love every single thing he does. It's pretty crazy how they just fill up your world. Can't wait to see more pictures of him!

Mark & Bek said...

He is so precious, and handsome. Congratulations, I love the full name.

The Morgans said...

Congratulations on a healthy baby and an early labor. I hope he starts eating soon. And I am glad that you seemingly have had a good story. I love me some epidural too. I mean if you want to go natural than that is great but I am all about modern medicine and enjoying labor.