Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh My Heck!

I’m such a blog slacker. So, where to begin…. We’ve been super busy because as mentioned below, I had to get ready to leave for 2 whole weeks for work. Brandon and I decided to go on a date on Friday night before I left. We went to The Somerset Mall in Troy MI to get winter coats.

It felt like home. Big buildings, great landscaping, busy streets, nice stores. Loved it. We went to The Northface and we’ll be super warm this winter.

On Saturday it was GAME DAY. We started doing this really dorky thing before the first game of the season, Brandon or I will yell… WHAT DAY IS IT? And the other one answers GAME DAY! We do it all day, and think we’re awesome.

So we went, and it was intense. Wisconsin came in with literally nothing to lose and played some rough, dirty football. Can you say pass interference like 20 times? However, Michigan State being the incredibly talented, fight to the end, team that they are, sealed the win in the last few seconds of the game. Swenson (our amazing kicker) kicked a career-long 50-yarder with 5:16 to play to cut the deficit to 24-22. So we’re 2 points away, holy cow. What happens? Swenson kicks a 44 yarder with only seven seconds left, we win 25-24 and he wins Big 10 special teams player of the week for the third time. Well deserved.


I took tons of pictures; it was my last home game- I’ll be in Las Vegas this Saturday for the Purdue game and the last game of the season is away at Penn State. Hopefully they can win without me.

The Tailgate

Our favorite football friends, the Helegsens

Cohen

The band played Thriller, they did the dance everything, so sweet

The team after the big win

On Sunday morning we woke up super early and Brandon took me to the Lansing airport. Tangent- the Lansing airport is small, really small. When we moved to Lansing I flew into the Lansing airport and it was one of the things that made me cry. I thought I was a city girl, but I’m adjusting nicely. Since I've been home I realized I miss the humidity, the girls in my ward, and Brandon of course.

3 comments:

Katie said...

ooh, I'm jealous! I wish I was in Vegas! Hope you're having fun- give me a call when you get back & we'll have a bow night! :)

KFinley said...

Oh! We miss you too! I hope all is going well for you!

Becky said...

You are too funny. i think you should be a writer! It was so good to see you the other night. Now you know if your team looses you will be blamed! I hope it doesn't happen that would just be the frosting for Brandon with you gone! Love You!