Wednesday, November 19, 2008

While I Was Out...

I’m finally back in Lansing after my “business trip” to Las Vegas.

While I was gone it snowed for the first time this winter! I can’t really say I’m sad I missed it. Sunday and almost every day since then I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing it first-hand. This is the view from our window…

I missed our last home game which I was super sad about. I feel like the games have given us something to look forward to and have helped keep us sane during this first semester. MSU played Purdue, and won! I watched it with my dad and couldn’t help but notice it looked absolutely freezing. It was the last time the seniors we have grown to know and love would play in Spartan stadium. Ringer went out with a bang scoring two touchdowns and had 121 yards on 32 carries to lead Michigan State, final score 21-7.

It's only been 3 months since we moved from Las Vegas but I definitely noticed that the mountains didn’t blend into the background quite as much, I can actually appreciate the desert as more than a wasteland, and no one should EVER take for granted roads without pot holes. If you live in Lansing you know what I’m talking about!

When I wasn’t working I got to hang out with mom and sisters, and I got to go to all my favorite restaurants…Pei Wei, Chevy’s, Carrabba’s, and Port-of-Subs (thanks Dad!). It was so good to see my in-laws and my cute nieces. Since I was mostly there for work, I didn’t get to see everyone I wanted to so I’m glad I’m going back on Saturday for Thanksgiving and that Brandon gets to come with me this time!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like you had fun!! And no you didn't miss out on much here in Lansing... I especially miss roads without pot holes ( and roads with turning lanes)...Ha ha.. gotta love Michigan!!! Are you stoked for Thursday night?

Sarah Goodsell said...

Sad about snow, I'm not a huge fan! Glad you had a fun trip and it was nice to run into you! Hopefully we can see you guys when you come down.

Katie said...

sounds like you had a fun trip! wish i could've been in vegas instead of here when it snowed! :)

Becky said...

I am so glad they won their last game! That would have been the pits and it would have been your fault! It was so good to see you and have lunch. Celeste is here all week so let's try to get together!