Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and Other Good Stuff

We are so grateful for my parent’s generosity so that we could come home for Thanksgiving! My sister came home from BYU as well and it was crazy and busy and loud with all 7 of us at my parent’s house, just how I like it. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Focusing on gratitude and food...what's not to love? We spent the day with Brandon’s side of the family in Mesquite and for some reason I only took one picture, it was raining so my hair is weird and flat, and basically it's not getting posted.

In other exciting news, no one will ever guess who we saw while shopping at The District last week. Drum roll please…Stephanie Pratt! She had the same blank stare on her face that she has 90% of the time. If you don’t know who Stephanie Pratt is, you seriously need to devote some time to watching one of MTV’s finest, and one of my favorite “reality” shows, The Hills. I’m also eagerly anticipating the arrival of another fine MTV creation, The City starring one of my favorite Hills gals Whitney Port. Following The City we have the pleasure of watching Brody Jenner in his new series Bromance. Yay!


This week we spent most of our time decorating for Christmas. I love decorating and I couldn’t take all of my Christmas stuff to MI so I’ve been living vicariously though my mom’s decorations. My little sis Kenzie and I have done the “fancy tree” for past few years and we did it again this year. It’s hilarious because we’re both completely indecisive and 5 feet tall. We ask each other where we should hang things, move them around a bunch and almost die standing on the very top of the ladder and on the edge of the window sill. Here’s the final result…


On Sunday we had our “all girl” McPherson Family Christmas party with all of my aunts and cousins on my mom’s side of the family. This year it was in St. George at my Granddaddy’s house. Every one brought an appetizer and dessert. We do a gift exchange and eat and chat, so fun!









This is getting long, but I discovered a few great things I have to share. Starbucks has a delicious new beverage, Salted Caramel Signature Hot Chocolate. This sweet and salty combination brings together rich, indulgent Signature Hot Chocolate and the flavors of buttery caramel and smoked sea salt. It is topped with whipped cream, a swirl of caramel and a sprinkle of our sea salt topping - a combination of artisan sea salt and Turbinado sugar from Hawaii. (Don’t worry; I didn’t write that description myself, I stole it from the website.)

And last but certainly not least, my new favorite product is The Present by Philosophy. It’s a clear makeup skin perfector for day and night. Look like you have perfect skin, even if you don't. You should try it, great stuff.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

You are seriously decorating my house if I ever get one. If I were you, I would definitely never want to come back to Michigan. I would just sit by that amazing Christmas tree and eat those yummy looking treats all day! You and your sisters are all gorgeous by the way!

Aubreydoll said...

Haha, I love the description of you and your sister decorating the tree!

Bre said...

I miss you...I'm sad I didn't get to see you for both visits :( Ru coming down for Christmas? I love your girls pic, you all are so cute. Can you please email me the recipe to all those yummy treats? I'm not even joking. Also....I can't wait for The City and Bromance. Joe was making so much fun of me for it. lol

The Sorensens said...

I have had a salted caramel hot chocolate and... I LOVE IT!!!! Glad you had a great thanksgiving and got to go home! We hung with Shelley and Jake and had a great time too!

Sarah Goodsell said...

First of all I NEED one of your moms cookies thanks for posting a picture so I can salivate. She's a great cook, me not so much. Second the tree is BEAUTIFUL! I'm glad you got to come down again and have some fun with the family. Hope to see you when you come back for Christmas

Shelley said...

MMMM. Your post is leaving my mouth watering. I'd better head to the kitchen and bake and then make a next stop at Starbucks!