Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mom



If there was ever a day to blog it’s today. I have to tell my mom how much I love her. When we were little she read us stories almost every night, always did our hair perfectly and never dressed in character shoes or outfits. She would put our towels in the dryer so they would be warm when we got out of the bath. This is the woman that was willing to wake up at 5:00 a.m., maybe earlier, to whip out a treat to take to seminary. She drove me back and forth to school sometimes 4 or 6 times a day when I was cheerleader. She makes homemade dinner almost every single night. Now that I’m a wife (and I only have two people to cook for) I know what a task that is. She has signature recipes that remind me of home. She can decorate, fold laundry perfectly, keep a house like only wish I could. She’s smart and opinionated, but she usually chooses to keep peace. She always knows what to do- I can call her with any problem and when I’m done talking to her I know everything is going to be okay. She is spiritual and an amazing example. She is responsible for who I’ve become, for me teaching me about the temple and eternal families and I know that I have my own eternal family because of what she taught me. I talk to her at least once a day, usually more often, and she is always doing something for someone else; driving someone somewhere, making someone something to eat, helping with a school project. She puts her family before herself and she has made me want to be a mother- I honestly don’t know if I’ll be able to do what she has done, but I’ll try my hardest. I don’t know what I would do without you. Happy Mothers Day!

1 comment:

Rylie said...

Okay your mom looks like she could be your sister! She is stunning!