Wednesday, May 13, 2009

1 Year Down


This is the face of a boy that just finished his first year of law school. Yay!

My thoughts on the matter:

It went by fast, way, way fast.

It was easier and harder then I expected. Harder: $, we STILL have not sold our house. Ugh. Easier: adjusting to life in MI, making friends, being so far from home.

I thought I would never see Brandon, but because I’m working from home we get to spend a lot of time to together, that was a pleasant surprise.

Those guys in the picture up there? They are awesome. I’m so grateful for the friends Brandon has made. He has an amazing support system.

It feels like a big accomplishment. All you law wives know, everyone says the second year is so much easier. I can’t believe it’s just around the corner.

What’s next? A summer internship, maybe some classes (we’re still undecided), some good quality time with our family and Vegas friends, a move into a new apartment (that deserves it's own bitter post) and this LONG drive home:

Ever wondered what a trip accross the midwest looks like? Stay tuned!

9 comments:

KFinley said...

New apartment? Where are you going?

Teisha said...

Congrats to the first year being done...2L is way better! Now that collins is almost done I'm actually going to miss his random schedule and being home during the day sometimes. Good luck on your drive back to Vegas...ugh!

familyof4 said...

Congrats Brandon. I'm excited to see you guys more! What is happening with your apartment?

Kacy said...

We are looking forward to having you guys back in town!!

Taralee said...

Wow, some serious congratulations to you both! Good luck with the drive and move :)

The Draper's said...

Hey! When do you come back to Vegas? We need to get together! Call me if you want to!

Jade said...

Just wait the second year goes by even faster, especially when you are going to live next to us!!!

Jamie said...

You aren't keeping us posted very well...you're supposed to tell us about your summer, how things are going... c'mon!!! I wanna see some pics!!

Shelley said...

Way to go, Brandon!