Saturday, February 14, 2009

Don't Try This at Home

I watch Top Chef, which is basically like going to culinary school, right? After 5 seasons I feel like if I were asked to break down an entire pig/chicken/fish and use my classic French cooking techniques and a camp stove to whip up something delish in 30 minutes I could do it. My knife skills however, leave something to be desired. One time on Top Chef, this guy cut an avocado in half and then he held the half with the pit in his hand. Then you basically flick your knife at the pit, twist and it comes out all clean and awesome. I’ve done it before, its not complicated. Last night when I was doing the flick part, I sort of missed the pit and the knife when through the avocado and into my hand. I’m pretty sure after that Padma would have told me to pack my bloody knives and go.

4 comments:

youngwomen said...

Ouch!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

So I have never seen the show, but I hear you are a wonderful cook. I am excited to try some of the recipes you posted a little while back. Hope that is OK!

Brittany said...

You poor thing!! Hope it wasn't too bad of a cut!

Becky said...

You are crazy girl! Did it bleed?