Thursday, January 29, 2009

What's For Dinner?


My mom is an amazing cook. I seriously grew up on the best food. We had dinner almost every single night as a family. At Christmas people wait by their doors for her treats and people are always asking her for her recipes. So my goal is to make dinner most nights, with sides and everything. That's what I grew up with, and that's what I want to do for my husband and our future kids. But seriously, sometimes I want nothing more than to just skip the grocery store and mess of cooking and just go out.

For Christmas we got a fabulous idea from my aunt to give out our family recipes on cards I designed and put them in a cute tin. Now that I have them, I’ve made a few of my favorite things from growing up and haven’t dreaded it quite as much. So if you don’t know what to make for dinner, here are a few of my favorites for you to try…

(click to enlarge the image)






Enjoy!

7 comments:

Sarah Goodsell said...

I don't know anybody who sits by the door and waits for your mom's treats, who would do that? Ah yes our family:)

Katie said...

Yum- I'm definitely going to try some of those. I love to cook!

Loralee said...

I'm pretty sure we're going to be trying those cream cheese brownies TONIGHT!

Teisha said...

Thanks for the new recipes. I love trying new things. I think while you don't have kids you should totally live it up and eat out as much as possible.

Kacy said...

Wow, those sound really good. I love cooking my mom's recipes because it makes you feel like your home even if your far away.

Taralee said...

Cool, I think I'll be referring back to this :) I always love when people share family faves!! So thanks :) And lately I've been loving making brownies and putting cream cheese frosting on them, so I just HAVE to try your cream cheese brownies. I have a feeling I'm gonna love them!

The Sorensens said...

Can I just say YUM!!! I love cooking and good food. These look so delicious. Let us know when your coming and what you guys want to do so we can plan for some good eats!!!