Friday, February 25, 2011

Just Life

Feeling like blogging about life, ya know? Nothing major, just what’s up in my busy head. Had a near death experience on an icy Michigan freeway and it’s got me thinking...JK…I’m not getting that deep, but for reals a car went spinning and ended up facing us head on in our lane, when Brandon swerved I was SURE we were going to go rolling down the bank of snow, but alas, we are alive and well. He’s got skills. We were on that icy Michigan freeway to see an ENT for Benson’s situation he has going on. Like 7 ear infections in 6 months and one ornery kid. I’m SO glad my mom was here for the appointment, it was majorly traumatic for Benson and she is a huge help. He loves his Grammie! We got to have her for a whole week and loved every second of it. I’m so irked that I didn’t take one picture to prove it, but it was fun- documented or not! We lunched, and hung out, and watched my shows and played with Benson. Brandon had a conference for JRC in Dallas so it was nice to have someone to help me hold down Benson for his daily dose of antibiotics!

He ended up getting tubes in and adenoids out on Thursday. We were an hour late due to the afore mentioned drivers and seriously went 10 miles an hour the entire way. I was a total disaster! When he woke up from the anesthesia he was a crying mess. I’ve done lots of complaining about the situation but failed to mention how incredibly grateful I am that things went smoothly, that weren’t any complications, and how amazing the staff was at the hospital. Every single person we dealt with was so incredibly kind to Benson and to us. Such a great team of doctors, nurses and anesthesiologists. One of the nurses told us in broken English “you such cute mom and dad, you need more kids!" Ha ha.

What else is on my mind? Packing. Which seems weird because I swear we just moved here. So far I’ve contemplated getting a box from the basement. Progress, right? Less than three months until Brandon graduates and we move away from this most amazing place. Tears just thinking about it. Will it be SO nice to have our families around the corner? Yes! But… I know things will be do different from here on out. A real job, real money, real bills, the NV Bar and the list goes on. Time to grow up if we haven’t already! I will miss the people here so, so, so, much. More tears. I’ll save their tribute for a later post.

Ya know what I totally missed blogging about? Brandon’s 30TH BIRTHDAY! He let me invite like 5 people over and was adamant that it remain small and calm. I had a ginormous party planned in my head but I complied and it was actually nice to keep it low key. I’m super-duper glad he was born. His mom was here to celebrate with us and let us sleep in THREE days in a row! Glorious. Again, no pictures.


In other Benson news, he has started a fun little tantrum stage. Tantrums when we take something away that he can’t play with, when he wants a book read immediately, when his toy doesn’t do what he wants, when he doesn’t like what he’s being fed, doesn’t want to eat and we’re trying to get him eat, or when the food he’s eating is gone and he likes it. Food and eating have been our challenge from day one and I don’t think it’s going to end anytime soon. It’s not even that he won’t eat, just that he’s so extremely particular about what, when, and how he does it. Even when he’s having a tantrum he makes us laugh and I love his squishy cute little self. Oh, no walking yet. I think we still have a good month or two before he’ll do it. Since there isn’t really anywhere to walk in our teeny little house I’m okay with it!

Currently my 30 year old husband is having “Bond Night” with his friends, Benson is sleeping, I am Blogging, I love it.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so glad everything went well for Benson and that you're mom was able to visit! She is darling!

jocelyn said...

poor benson and poor you. sick babies are the worst. icy roads are also the worst. i can't even tell you how much i hate driving in snowy conditions.

Marianne & Clayton said...

Just life? That is a major event for such a little guy! You guys are awesome for being so chill. I would probably have a countdown on my blog so everyone could stress with me. I'm glad it went well and I hope he is so much happier once it all heals!

Bekah said...

Sorry about the ear infections. That sounds horrible. Happy Birthday Brandon.

Brittney Wimmer said...

We miss you guys! Happy Birthday Brandon! Glad to hear that you made it through the car accident and that Benson is doing better. That would be super tough. I can't believe you guys will be moving soon! Keep us up to date on things!