Saturday, February 5, 2011

Benson Is One!

I wanted to do the cutest, most creative 1 year old post ever (maybe an interview like my cute Cousin Bekah does), but blogging/writing/creativity are not exactly my talents so I’m left with this…

Benson is one!

This has been the fastest year of my life- hands down.

I love him more than I ever thought it was possible to love anything.

Benson is quirky and crazy and fun. Some of my favorite things about him…

Every time we’re in public we get endless comments on his cuteness, I feel a little bit proud that he’s mine.

He loves food, but won’t pick up anything wet, sticky or slimy (exhibit A below). He would be content with us feeding him all his meals and snacks while he sits there with clean hands. Brandon calls him King Bugsimo and calls us his faithful subjects.


Benson would give his right arm to be able to play with the universal remote.

He started holding his bottle two weeks ago, I’m a new women! What should I do with all my free time?

He won’t wave, but gives awesome high-fives and “bonks”

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is his jam (the Jewel version please).

Yo Gabba Gabba “Party in my Tummy” is the weirdest thing ever and his favorite thing ever!


His favorite book is “What Does Baby Say”- he would let us read it to him over, and over, and over… and we do until we want to throw it in the fire, so we eventually hide it and he screams until we read him “Where is Baby’s Belly Button” or “Where is Baby’s Mommy” (dang you Karen Katz!)


His fastest crawling is reserved for when the bathroom door opens, if he could just get in there to play with the trash can.

75% of his day is spent throwing and chasing. Sometimes I wish he would understand that we can’t throw EVERYTHING, like his 5 pound piano for example. Benson, you have challenged me, pushed me to my limits, made me laugh every single day and helped me to look at life in a whole new way. I love you cute boy!

Here's a little photo year in review:


And just to make sure this is the longest post of all time, Benson had a cute owl themed birthday party (in Las Vegas and again in Lansing)!



I was feeling a little crafty and whipped up this banner with my Cricut.







I thought these little Whoopie Pies turned out so cute!



Benson checking out his awesome new toys!


Thank "Whoo" for Coming!


And for the grand 1st birthday finale, a big boy carseat!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Way too cute!!!! Can't wait for you to live here so I can see his cuteness more often :)...of course it will be nice to see you, too :).

Jody said...

Happy Birthday, Benson!!! And that first picture of the three of you, he has pretty much the cutest face ever.

Jessica and Danny said...

Holy craftiness woman! Don't tell me you made all those things and treats and cakes and cupcakes yourself... they are way too beautiful (and delicious looking...)
Happy one year a little late! Hope you guys are doing well!