Monday, April 27, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Last weekend the weather was amazing so we headed to Hawk Island with some friends. Michigan has the most amazing parks, lakes, rivers, trees…it’s beautiful. I took some great pictures (mostly of our friends’ cute kids) and we brought lunch and soaked up the sun. I was telling my mom it was like the scene from Twilight where it’s sunny for a day and everyone is laying out like they had never seen the sun before. Saturday Brandon and I walked around Old Town, down to the dock by the river and checked out the fish ladder. For all the complaining about winter, I have to say that spring and summer make up for it tenfold. This weekend it rained non stop just to give us a reality check!

I’m trying to get a huge dose of Brandon to gear up for finals. It’s not my favorite time of year, but I know it’s necessary and luckily I’m not the only one going through it. His first final is Friday- good luck babe!

I can’t believe April is almost over. Time feels like it literally flies. We’ll be out of here in like, 2 ½ weeks. I’ve been busy making lists, trying to figure out what we can vs. can’t live without for 3 months, what will survive in the freezer, what all we can unplug to pay for as little electricity as possible. It’s kinda sad to leave all the people that have made this place so much fun. Some are graduating and never coming back, some are staying through the summer, most are going home or somewhere for an internship. We’ll miss you guys! We haven’t seen our families since Christmas and just as sad as we are to leave, we’re SO excited to go home to the desert sun.

I’m feeling pretty grateful for the people we love right now.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Just so you know, you aren't getting rid of me anytime soon. Sorry... Erik and I will be here for the long haul ;)

Stephanie said...

Ugh, just when I'm getting to know you, you're going to take off and leave for the summer! Figures! I would love an update on how "things" are going before you leave!