Monday, April 13, 2009

Good Times

I hate to admit, I don’t actually fully understand Good Friday, but I got the day off work so I was lovin’ it. Friday night we went a saw the Lansing Lugnuts with some friends. It was way fun, but seriously freezing. I think it was in the high 30’s. We stuck it out until the 5th inning; we are hard core cold weather people by now!


Our families rock at celebrating holidays. There is always something going on back home so it’s hard for me when holiday’s come around. They always think to send us something- we seriously feel so loved. Brandon’s mom sent us a gift card for groceries and my mom put together the cutest Easter basket for us. A few pics…


My mom always bought us Easter dresses and I continued the tradition for myself up until this year. I was trying to be good, since as law school costs an arm and a leg, ya know? So instead I bought a headband and when I asked Brandon if liked it, he said he wasn’t really into headbands. I wore it anyway :)

We attempted our own Easter dinner with some friends; I didn't love how everything I made turned out- but all in all, I was pretty proud of us, it was our first attempt.

(I secretly want to be a food photographer, wouldn't that be so much fun!?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I love the headband.

Jamie said...

I loved the headband as well. Seriously... cute pic of Cohen. I'm going to steal it as I usually steal all of your pictures of Cohen. I thought our dinner turned out awesome! ;)

Katie said...

I also love the headband! Very cute!

The Draper's said...

Your bow/headband is cute! I'm always afraid to try them. But I have to say that the strawberry short cake you made makes me want to go to the store and make one!

Becky said...

Not much longer and you'll be home again! I definitely think you could be a food photographer. Every picture of your food turns out great!