Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How Do You Title Something So Random?

So since I posted last, Michigan State took down another number 1 seed (UConn) and made it to the National Championships. You’d have to be living under a rock to not know how that turned out, but we seriously could not be prouder of this team. They were completely underrated and it was so exciting to be at a school playing for the National Championship. Go State!

(I love that someone put a jersey on Sparty, we had to get a picture of it.)

The most exciting news of the year, Brandon finished RWA! In case you’re wondering, it’s the most time consuming class that 1L’s have to take. It’s basically the sole reason the first year is so difficult. But he’s done with it forever, so yay! Now we get to look forward to finals.

Since everyone probably has a bundle of hard boiled eggs, I thought I would post this simple, but excellent recipe I found on a new favorite food blog I found called Pinch My Salt. It’s so good!

Easy Egg Salad

4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1/4 - 1/2 C. mayonnaise
1 - 2 t. Coleman’s mustard powder
salt and freshly ground pepper, to
taste

1. Place whole eggs in a bowl and, using a pastry blender, mash eggs until they are finely chopped.
2. Add 1/4 C. mayo and 1 t. mustard powder then stir to blend. Taste and then adjust amounts of mayo and mustard powder to suit your own taste.
3. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Serve on your choice of bread.

The pastry blender idea? Genius!

Guess What? It's April, and this is what I saw out my window Monday and Tuesday...

I've come to terms with the fact that Spring is simply a date on the calender, not something I should look forward to any time soon (or until we're home in sunny Las Vegas of course).

One thing I love about Lansing is that I never have to deal with traffic or road construction, or so I thought. The other day I drove out of my parking lot and I saw this...


It's blocking the only acceptable route to everywhere I go (school, groceries, mall, church). Brandon told me another way I can go but I seriously think I might get shot, or least my chances increase significantly each time I drive through this neighborhood.


I really hope they fill up the ginormous hole and move their sign quickly, in the mean time I'll just aviod eye contact and duck as needed.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm with you Mandy. That neighborhood gives me the creeps too. We had to drive through it last night and had to wait for some drunk guy to cross the road in front of us... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt... he was probably just schitzo, in that case, completely harmless.

Celeste said...

I miss you guys! We're still getting snow and rain, too. I hate it! I want sunshine and blooming flowers.

Loralee said...

Sorry about the game...we were cheering for you guys (of course! A Duke fan who cheers for unc should be shot) and it was exciting to see michigan st. go so far! Congrats to Brandon for finishing that class! It only gets better from there. :)

The Draper's said...

That's funny! Well, apparently I live under a rock! I don't really pay attention to sports! Congrats on being done with the first year! Tell Brandon good luck on finals!

Stephanie said...

Hey! We had gorgeous Spring weather today, didn't we??!! Sorry about the disillusion you were under about no road construction. Didn't you know MI is notorious for that??!! :) Are we on for Thurs Craft Night???