Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Reoccurring Theme

We had a great time this weekend. A friend organized karaoke in the basement of a sketchy Mexican restaurant on Friday night and it ended up being hilariously fun. I'm one for ambiance and this place had it!


Saturday the J. Reuben Clark Law Society had a social at Uncle Johns Cider Mill. I love doing "midwesternie" things and this place hit the spot. They make homemade cider and doughnuts and had a massive corn maze that we cheated our way through.

It was so awesome to meet two guys that served the SAME mission as Brandon (Texas, San Antonio) and who both have the same love for Rudy's Barbecue Sauce. It's also fortunate that one of them owns a smoker and we snagged an invite to Sunday dinner (thanks guys, the brisket was awesome)!

Now for the bad news (and reoccurring theme).

Whenever we hang out with people here the conversation always turns to winter, which I'm terrified of. Apparently I have good reason to be, because what I've gathered so far is it's the worst cold you've ever felt, the wind makes it unbearable, the roads aren't plowed, it jacks up your car, you get the picture... I'm not excited.

I am excited about these cute boots I purchased:

I realize I'm too old to wear Roxy and the the only thing I can wear them with is jeans and a hoodie, but they're lined with fur and I can't wait to try them out in the crazy cold, probably gonna die, Michigan winter.

8 comments:

KFinley said...

We should stop scaring you - the weather isn't that bad! It just takes some getting used to, and this winter is probably going to be nice and mild! No worries! Plus, you get cute boots out of the deal!

Rylie said...

Those boots are so dang cute! Seriously no worries about the winter, I promise it's not that bad!

Bre said...

I love all the Michi stuff you're doing. I'm glad you are making friends b/c I was so nervous for you...You know I would be like crying. I'm So Proud of you. You're like a full on adult now. hahahaha!! I like your boots. I promise you're not to old to wear Roxy. I let Brooke dress me on Saturday. She apparently isn't aware I'm 24. I wasn't down with what she was putting on me. I kept saying "Brooke are you not aware I'm 24?" You would have loved it. I love your blog and you!! XOXO

Brittney Wimmer said...

Yeah! I'm so excited that you have a blog! I have missed you guys for far too long and now you've moved so far away! This will be a fun way to keep in touch! You're house looks so cute! But then again, you always do a great decorating job! You guys look great!

Becky said...

LOVE the boots! I want some just like them. You are so cute. Your weekend sounded fun too. I am so glad you and Brandon are having a great time. I knew you would be the hit of the party before long. Love You!

familyof4 said...

I really like those boots and you are definitely not to old to wear them. If we were living in really cold weather I would be getting a pair too!

Holly said...

I want to come and play! You guys are having so much fun!

Audra Evans said...

love those boots!Glad too see you are doing well in the mitten shaped state