Sunday, March 27, 2011

On my mind...

These:
Have you tried them? Something about them being mini makes them amazing.

March Madness:

Soaking up as much time as I can with these people. Love them.

Benson: He now sighs every time I sigh. It's both hilarious and disturbing how much I do it. I sigh when I'm stressed and I'm kind of a stress case these days.


The Bottle: This little (bpa free) plastic thing has been emotional roller coaster in our house. I wanted nothing to do with it at first. I so badly wanted to breastfeed, but it wasn’t meant to be. So at one week old, pumped milk from a bottle it was. And 6-8 times a day at that. I grew to love the bottle. It meant freedom! Well maybe not exactly freedom, but it meant dinner and movie knowing Benson was well fed back at home. I can’t say I ever grew to love the pump, but I’m so grateful for the technology that allowed me to still feed him in an unconventional way. I’m fairly certain his sleeping through the night at 10 weeks was due in part to the bottle. What’s not to love? As 12 months old approached, Dr. Hart reiterated the importance of the sippy cup, in which Benson was completely uninterested. He has had his bottle since birth, and he’s attached. We slowly got rid of the mid day bottles and now it’s only morning and night. Apparently 15 months is the “cut-off” so on this morning of his 14 month “birthday” we went bottleless. It was straight to the high chair for breakfast instead of our normal morning routine of bottle and snuggling and playing in his room. He seemed confused all morning, we are creatures of habit. (I was not a fan either Benson!) True to his stubborn ways, even after 13 hours of sleep he didn’t want the milk badly enough to drink it from a sippy. He was sad, which made me sad, and I just want to give in. I find myself perplexed. What’s more important? That he’s weaned from the bottle or that he gets milk? Being a mom is hard.


Disturbing: No thanks to Gymboree, entire families will be matching this Easter.

3 comments:

Alexis said...

I so badly need to try those mini pb cups. Yum! When we took Sophie's bottle away at 15 months she had absolutely zero milk for an entire week! I was so worried but my doc said not to worry if she was eating other dairy stuff. Good luck! Can't believe you guys are moving so soon!

Jamie said...

I learned that kids give things up easily when they are ready. With Garrett the dr. freaked me out with the importance of using a spoon. Garrett didn't want anything to do with it. Many frustrating moments later I realized "What adult doesn't know how to use a spoon?" I layed off of it. He learned the spoon thing. If the bottle is something you enjoy--then just enjoy. Soon he'll give it up and you'll be sad.

Mark & Bek said...

Oh my, the picture and commentary is so funny.

I was actually wondering about the bottle thing, because Luke is about to turn one and he is obsessed with his.