Monday, March 22, 2010

7 Weeks and We're Still Alive...

It's been 7 weeks and our world has been rocked. No one can prepare you for a new baby, no matter how much they try! In the past 7 weeks Benson has changed so much. He went from a skinny 5 pounder to 8.5 pounds with some chub. He smiles and coos and LOVES to lay on his back and kick his little legs like it's his job.

Here are a few things that used to make him cry:

Getting a bath
Getting his diaper changed
Being naked
Laying by himself (awake)
Yawning

Our big boy can now handle all of the above without having a tantrum! He actually oddly enjoys his diaper changes- it kills me!

We took a trip to Las Vegas for Brandon's spring break. Here Benson is all ready to go:



I had so much anxiety about the flight but he was a little angel face!


Benson was blessed in my parents ward on March 7th. Almost all of our family was there and a few close friends. Brandon gave a beautiful blessing and we had an awesome lunch after. It was a day to remember. I spent the week before trying to find some sort of outfit that wasn't pajamas or completely cheesy that would fit our tiny baby. I think I went to every baby store that exists. He ended up looking so cute...

Brandon had to go back to MI for school and I stayed a week longer. What a blessing my family is! My mom let me sleep in (which I miss dearly) and Benson got held and loved on all day. He had RSV last week and I seriously could not have handled it without them. Between all the appointments, breathing treatments, not to mention the fact that I'm still pumping and he's eating like a champ- it's beyond a full time job to take care of this little guy!


Me and Kenzie did a little photo shoot and the pictures are so, so, cute I can't handle it. Kenz is so talented, I love how she captured his personality...








Love his little face!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Are you kidding me?! He is SO freaking cute! What a little stud! I'm so glad you're coming home today so that I can hold little man.

Jade said...

So cute! Would you hurry and get home so I can see him in real life?

Celeste said...

So precious! I wish I could have seen him longer. :( I'm so glad the RSV is over. Poor little guy. I can't imagine that it will be another 5 months before I see him again. Let me know if you need anything! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable. I'm jealous because I love tiny little babies. But knowing my luck I'm going to have a big chubby kid!! Congrats again, he's seriously cute!

Teisha said...

He is so adorable! Congrats!

The Sorensens said...

He is so cute. I'm so glad you are updating us with pictures. It makes me sad to miss all the little ones growing up! We got your announcement today. Beautiful! Hope to meet him at the beach!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

So dang cute. I can't believe how big he is. He is a Brandon clone I swear!

Scott and Marissa said...

we got your cute little baby announcement! what cute photos! Thanks for the announcement and we're so happy for you guys! i can't wait to meet your little guy!