Sunday, August 23, 2009

MICH. AGAIN.

I saw this on a billboard on the way out here and thought it would be an appropriate title.

We had grand intentions of leaving Las Vegas early afternoon on Monday. Our new place doesn’t come with a washer or dryer so we had to figure out how to get ours to MI. We ended up buying a trailer and when all was said and done it was 9:00 at night.

We left anyway and drove to Colorado and got a hotel room around 6:00 am. I was pretty much a mess on the drive. I think it was a combination of being pregnant and tired, sad about leaving family, and sitting in the car for so many hours. I’m just glad Brandon didn’t leave me on the side of the road- he’s so patient.

It poured rain like I’d never seen it rain before on the way here. When we finally got here everything on our trailer was soaked. When we opened the suitcases the colors in our clothes had bled onto each other. Brandon’s suits were soaked and his white dress shirts were spotted navy blue. Aahhhh!

We definitely got off to a rough start. I was able to fix all of his clothes, and I’m still working on mine. I think we’re about 75% unpacked. Our good friends fed us dinner and whenever I need to escape I can go over there and hang with them. It’s been a blessing.

Next week Brandon has his first full week of school, I need to get caught up on my work, finish the house, get groceries, and a much needed prenatal massage. Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Holly said...

oh sister! what an adventure!! i hope everything works out in your new place. I like that stroller, by the way. miss you and love you!

Brittany said...

WOW, what an adventure! ! I hate moving! Prenatal massages are the best and you definitly need one after that!!

Brittany said...

P.S. I would love to make you some cute soft soled boy shoes and maybe some rompers. If you have anything in mind you would like me to make, let me know! I would love to!

Stephanie said...

Welcome back! It sounds like it was hard to leave home again, but I for one am excited to see you!

Mark & Bek said...

What a sad way to leave your family. I agree with you and everyone that says you should get a prenatal massage. It was fun to see you at the beach. Congratulations again.

Scott and Marissa said...

scott and i played mafia this morning with scott's office... it was not nearly as fun as playing with you guys. i love you guys, and miss you!!