Thursday, March 19, 2009

Negative Nelly

This week I’m being Negative Nelly. I’m over law school, cold weather, working alone all day and I’m really missing home. I try super hard to be positive and supportive, and it usually doesn’t take a whole lot of effort, but I just need a break from that, ya know? I got a huge dose of Brandon last week because it was spring break. He put things together, hung up pictures, took me out to eat, it was so great. This week I’ve seen him for a total of a few hours and I need attention! I know, I’m a 4 year old. I am so thrilled and grateful that Brandon landed an internship with a federal judge in Las Vegas and will be a visiting student at UNLV so he can get a few extra credits this summer. It will be great for his resume, and it means I know for sure I’ll get to spend some much needed time with my family and will get to go to the office and interact with actual human beings. That was positive, right?

So random and unrelated…Mandy Moore has a new album coming out and it’s called Amanda Leigh. That’s totally my name, Amanda Leigh Wood (obviously hers is Amanda Leigh Moore). I got SO excited when I saw that, again, I think I'm 4.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm sorry you feel that way!! We need to hang out more during the day. Hopefully I will see you tonight at Dawn's... oh and don't forget about the awesome talent show tomorrow night ;)

Brittany said...

I'm so sorry! Don't worry about letting out some frustration or sadness. I totally understand!!! I have missed Brad so much during med school. Now he's interning at a VA hospital and is working 13 hour days. On the weekends he still has to read articles, work on presentations etc. I hate it too. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Have fun this summer though!

youngwomen said...

I don't think you're 4 at all. I STILL pout when I'm not getting enough attention! I'm so excited for you to come home this summer and very proud of Brandon for getting such a great internship!

Holly said...

That is so weird that Mandy Moore has the same name, and spelled the same way! Have you downloaded the Kelly Clarkson album? It's sure to make your week a little better!

familyof4 said...

Hang in there, you're almost done. Don't you come home in May?

It will be fun having in our ward this summer! The girls will love seeing you more too!

Maybe you could babysit for us every once in awhile. =)