Monday, December 13, 2010

Fa, la, la, la, la!

CHRISTMAS! I’m so pumped; it’s so much fun with a little person around. Benson saw Santa for the first time a couple weekends ago and was such a fan. I LOVE how much he loves attention.


Our attempt at a group shot, lol!


I realize he won’t exactly get it yet, but Brandon and I thoroughly enjoyed figuring out what to get him and ordering everything online to get sent to Grammies house where we’ll be for Christmas. Last night we went to Target and picked out Barbies to help provide Christmas for some less fortunate little girls. Brandon helped me find some that were semi modest (for reals, Barbie is a little scandalous) and we hooked them up with outfit options. I wrapped them super cute and it felt like Christmas, even in my treeless house. We didn’t end up doing a tree because we are leaving Thursday to go HOME (and let’s face it, Benson would demolish it, see exhibit A below) but we are rocking our mantel!



I've been contemplating, is there a point to sending Christmas cards anymore? On one hand, I can’t see the point because Face Book and blogs keep us up to date on every little detail…like seriously, we know what you ate for dinner, how much you love your husband and where you celebrated your mom’s birthday, but…I love getting them and making them so I may do one even though ya’ll already know what’s up with us. Oh, it’s the 12th? Maybe I should get working on that!

Tasks for the coming week, get Benson well so our flight isn’t as nightmarish as the Thanksgiving one was, presents for the rest of the fam (it isn’t all about Benson?), pack, pack and more packing, clean, work, stress. Yay!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Love your blog Mandy! I'm a fan of Christmas cards! There's something special about getting something physical in the mail box! I did cheesy little ones this year but I'm not sure people care, for the exact reasons you stated...facebook, blogs, etc. Have a good trip to LV!!

Jody said...

I think that's the only picture I've ever seen of a baby on Santa's lap that was actually smiling as opposed to screaming hysterically! Well done!